Whether you are a regular listener or this is your first time joining us here on the Fertility Confidence podcast, welcome. I am your host, Dr. Kelsey Duncan, naturopathic doctor, and the founder and creator of the Fertility Confidence method.
It is such a beautiful day where I am, and while I’d love to be plunging into a pool right about now, I thought, how about we dive into today’s topic – Irregular Cycles.
Today, I will be covering Step Two of Four regarding Irregular Cycles which is Investigation. I will provide you with the information you need on my top five recommended lab tests to run; while highlighting throughout the importance of accessible, early, and effective cycle management, treatment options, and support.
Before we begin, I recommend grabbing a pen and paper to jot down the five important lab test groupings we will cover in this episode for future reference.
Here are the main topics of today’s episode:
- Defining Irregular Cycles and variation
- Irregularity ‘treatments’ for teens vs those on their TTC Journey
- To properly treat we must investigate and understand
- My Five Recommended Lab test groupings to run – Thyroid, Fasting Insulin / Fasted Glucose, Androgens, Pituitary function / Prolactin and Cortisol
If you’d like me to cover Step One of Irregular Cycles- How to Properly Track Your Cycle in a future episode, please do let me know.
My sincerest thanks for pressing play today. By doing so you are joining a growing community of strong, hopeful women, each on their own fertility confidence journey; as well as those that are listening to gain the knowledge and understanding needed to support them.
If you could do me the honor of hitting the subscribe button, leaving a review, and sharing the podcast with a friend that needs to hear these conversations, I would be forever grateful.
If you’re curious about how you can work with me and my team, I encourage you to book your free clarity call here: https://fertilityconfidencemethod.as.me/fertilityclaritycall#
- Luteal phase – Phase of the menstrual cycle that occurs after ovulation and before menstruation
- TTC Journey – Trying To Conceive
Lab test groupings
- Thyroid: Full Thyroid panel is TSH T3, T4, anti TPO (anti thyroid proximities) and anti TG (antithyroglobulin)
- Fasting insulin and Fasted glucose
- Androgens: Free testosterone, total testosterone and D H E A S
- Pituitary Function and Prolactin: Day three LH and FSH
- Cortisol: Four point Cortisol curve and Urine metabolite